The Pulwama tragedy on 14th February shook the nation when we were busy celebrating love over hate. Pakistani terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) claimed responsibility of the shameful act.
A car full of 350kgs of explosives rammed into the CRPF Convoy taking lives of more than forty of our jawans. This incident occurred in the Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir and is one of the most devastating one.
As we all know, every year the IPL opening ceremony is a gala event which includes performances by our Bollywood stars and more. It is an event of glitz and glamour and much talked about too.
Now, this year there will be an exception. After long meetings, the Committee Of Administrators (CoA) decided that there will be no opening ceremony this year. Instead the allocated money for the ceremony will be donated to the families of the Pulwama martyrs.
However, as a mark of condolence and respect, the committee decided to do their own bit in contributing,to help the families of the CRPF personnel who lost their lives due to the tragic incident.
CoA chairman Vinod Rai said ‘We will not have any inaugural function for the IPL and the money budgeted for that goes to the martyrs’ families’.
Even the CoA decided that India will not be playing against Pakistan in the 2019 World Cup, in England. They even said that they will urge the other nations to cut cultural as well as social ties with a nation rightly called as ‘terrorist hub’.
This is how fans reacted:
There will be no #IPL2019 opening ceremony this year, Instead the amount will be donated to the families of pulwama martyrs
Now the money won’t go to the Bollywood actors doing some item songs but to the real heroes #IPL
Brilliant step taken by #BCCI .
Really good gesture 👌
— Satish_Vasisht (@SatishSrinivas7) February 22, 2019
— Akash patel (@Akashpatel233) February 22, 2019
— Shark 🦈 (@imShariqueRizvi) February 22, 2019
BREAKING NEWS!! 🏏🏏🏏🏏🏏🏏🏏
No Opening ceremony in this year’s IPL!
Goodjob_ Bcci pic.twitter.com/222gOHkC1H
— Md Azmath Ali (@MdAzmathAli6) February 22, 2019
— thatengineer (@TusharKarad) February 22, 2019
No IPL opening ceremony this year, Instead the amount will be donated to the families of pulwama martyred soldiers.
– Vinod Rai. BCCI CoA cheaf
It’s really a great news♥️
— Hariram Chaudhary (@Hariramch) February 22, 2019
— Nitesh ranjan (@NiteshrNidhi) February 22, 2019
Very appreciable decision made by the Committee of Administrators (COA) of BCCI today that there will be no opening ceremony of IPL in this year and the money that had been allotted to that ceremony will be going to the martyrs’ families of Pulwama Attack. 🙏👌
— Anabil Bhattacharya (@ianabil) February 22, 2019
Good that IPL opening ceremony has been scrapped and instead money will be donated to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack! @BCCI
— Dhairya Brahmbhatt (@dhairyarf) February 22, 2019
Though decisions have been taken already against Pakistan, there were many conflicting opinions as well. Pakistani artists have already been banned and even sports ties will no longer be their as well.
Share Your Views In Comments Below